Monday, November 22, 2010

Some Thoughts Going into the Thanksgiving Break

We are all excited about having some time off from school. This has been the busiest semester of my teaching experience (two new preps). We have spent many an evening at school after supper. This is not a complaint. I am so grateful to have a job that I truly love, and one that allows maximum time with our family. The homeschool program in which the children are enrolled is marvelous, but very demanding, almost exhaustive. I understand why--to meet the SACS requirements in distance learning is very difficult.  The positive side of this is that the kids are learning not only thier subjects, but that all-important work-ethic. Moreover, they have to be somewhat self-disciplined to work steadily each day.  Many of my students are "hares" rather than tortoises. They procrastinate and wait to the last minute to study or complete assignments with sometimes disatrous results.  I feel like circumstances force me into that position from time to time, but the fault is really my own. My time management skills definitely need some work.
With our break this week, I hope that we can all sit down together to catch our collective breath and re-prioritize our lives.  What is important? What is MOST important? Each day is a gift from the Lord, and I want to be a better steward of these gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment