Tuesday, March 9, 2010

My Mission Work Monday

Hi! James Martin here. Yesterday, I went with my dad to Habersham County to help fill buckets. What do I fill the buckets with? Food. It's to help the people in Haiti who had suffered because of the earthquake. With my dad's help, I put in a bucket black beans, rice, peanut butter, sugar, and cooking oil. (I don't see how rice and peanut butter go together exactly, but that's ok) After we filled it, it weighed 30 pounds! We took it out to the van and my dad visited with a sick member of our church. Then we drove over to the church where the buckets are dropped off. We counted all the buckets (including ours) and there was a whopping 174 buckets! I felt good for doing that. It shows that Christians on the homefront can serve and do missions too.

1 comment:

  1. Hello James Martin, I am very proud of your involvement in the Buckets of Hope program for Haiti. I can imagine the gratefulness of the people who need these supplies so badly. It's very touching that a strong, young man like you would assist his dad and the church to ensure that these supplies get delivered. Mr. John and I thank you for your dedication and for using your spring break to do this.

    ReplyDelete