Monday, March 8, 2010

Friends from the Past

I so appreciate the fact that the kids enjoy the old TV shows Michael and I watched when were growing up.  One of my favorites was "Flipper."  I liked it not only because of the "star" of the show, but also because it was set in Florida.

As I type this, Virginia is in the living room now, curled up with Lottie, with "Flipper" on the DVD player. I wish they would put out more of the episodes; only Season 1 is available now. 

Do any of you remember "Gentle Ben" with Dennis Weaver and Clint Howard? Or how about this wonderful, but obscure title, "My World and Welcome to It"? This program starred William Windom and was based on characters created by James Thurber. I think it is due to come out, but I don't know exactly when.

What are some of your old favorite TV shows? Don't you miss these days of better tv?

2 comments:

  1. I love all the shows you mention and I also loved Mannix and Medical Center. Hope you all are enjoying your break.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, I loved Little House on the Prairie which I see from Virginia's blog she is watching some of those now too. Most of the TV I remember from when I was a "kid" would fall in the 80s. However, thanks to the "Nick at Night" in the late 80s and early 90s I got to watch some fun older shows too at my Grandma's. She had cable because she lived in town. My parents only got NBC and CBS until 2001. Anyway, I loved "My Three Sons", "The Donna Reed Show" and "Mr. Ed". I have bought all I can find of Mr. Ed on Dvd. I too liked Bonanza. :)

    ReplyDelete